¤ Home » Training » Rules & Regulations for Trainees
Rules & Regulations for Trainees
These rules shall apply to all the trainees admitted to the Training Course for Diploma in Tool & Die Making at the Tool Room and shall come into force with immediate effect.
- Tool Room shall mean Tool Room & Training Center, Patna.
- Council shall mean the Governing Council of the Tool Room.
- Chairman shall mean the Chairman of the Governing Council of the Tool Room.
- General Manager shall mean the General Manager of the Tool Room.
- Senior Manager (Training) shall mean the Senior Manager (Training) of the Tool Room or any other officer nominated by the General Manager in the absence of the Senior Manager (Training), to look after the duties of the Senior Manager (Training).
- Course shall mean Training course of the Tool Room that the trainee is undergoing.
The duration of the Course shall be as stipulated in the course undertaken. The exact date of starting the course shall be decided by the General Manager. No trainee shall normally be allowed to join the course late. Under exceptional circumstances, however, the General Manager may allow a trainee to join late, not more than 15 days. Proper and reasonable justification should be given. The period of delay shall not be compensated by any extra period of training. However, the trainee(s) shall put in extra efforts to make up for the time loss.
Eligibility for Admission
The eligibility for a course shall be as stipulated in the course undertaken by the trainee. Trainees shall not be allowed to join any other studies/training including part-time or evening courses during the tenure of their training programme at IDTR.
Uniform and Drawing Instruments
The trainees will have to attend with the uniform as per the colour and design specified by the tool room along with industrial shoes and safety goggles, drawing instruments, etc. at their own cost
- A trainee who is injured due to an accident during his training at the Tool Room and is unable to attend his training on account of that, shall be allowed leave, provided it is certified by such medical authorities as may be specified for this purpose by the General Manager that he is unable to attend training on account of that injury.
- No other leave as except otherwise provided in this rule shall be permissible, even on sickness, to the trainees during the course. Any other period of absence, including late coming or any other commission, misconduct or otherwise shall be treated as absence from training for the purpose of compilation of requisite percentage of attendance for eligibility for appearing in Semester Examination/ Final Examination.
Risks and Hazards
The Tool Room shall take all precautionary measures with regard to safety. However, the Trainees should decide to join the course at their own free will and at their own risk. In case of any injury or any disablement (temporary/permanent) suffered by the trainees during the course due to any accident or otherwise the Tool Room shall not be liable to pay any compensation whatsoever. The trainees and their guardians (in case of minors) shall indemnify the Tool Room on this account. Without prejudice to the above condition of engagement of trainees at the Tool Room, the trainees may insure themselves against the risk of accident and/or other industrial hazards for their engagement at the Tool Room as trainees for which insurance premium shall be paid by the trainees themselves. On the specific request of trainees, the Tool Room can arrange Group Insurance subject to the premium for this being paid by the trainees.
Syllabus and Assessment
The syllabus for the course, theory as well as practical shall be as specified in the respectice course details page at this website. The scheme for assessment of the progress of trainees through Semester Examinations leading to the award of Certificate shall be as specified in respectice course details page at this website. Certificates on completion of training shall be issued only to those trainees who complete the training course and reach the level of proficiency as stipulated therein.
Attendance, Time Keeping and Conduct
The rules and regulations governing attendance, uniform, and conduct of trainees during the training course shall be as specified herewith.
- Every trainee shall be present at his place of training in accordance with the program prepared and notified. He/she shall maintain utmost punctuality in time keeping. If he/she is not found in his/her place of training without any justification to the satisfaction of his batch In-charge or any other officer or expert of the Tool Room, he/she shall be marked absent for the day, in addition to disciplinary action which might be taken against him/her.
- No late coming shall be allowed. Depending on whether a trainee is late in the forenoon or in the afternoon his/her late attendance shall be treated a half-day absence either in the First half or in the Second half.
- Every trainee shall take permission from Concerned Officer to leave his/her place of training.
- Trainees shall attend training classes (theory as well as practical) in uniform and shoes as may be prescribed from time to time by the Tool Room. Trainees shall at their own costs, arrange uniforms and shoes and other article of dress (full pants, shirts etc.) themselves. No trainee shall be allowed to attend in chappals, slippers, sandals or in any loose dress considered to be unsafe by the batch in-charges and other officers of Training Department and such trainee shall be sent back from the Tool Room and marked absent on the day.
- Trainee shall maintain their uniform in neat and tidy condition. They shall replace the broken buttons, etc. and mend the damaged uniform.
- Trainees shall arrange at their own cost, all stationery, drawing and other instruments and books prescribed for the course. Tool Room may, however, at it's sole discretion, issue some stationery for the sake of uniformity for which cost shall be payable by trainees.
- Trainees may borrow such books from the Tool Room as the Tool Room may earmark for the purpose from time to time.
- During the course of training, trainees shall handle and maintain Tool Room's property, namely - machines, instruments, tools and equipment, special and standard accessories, electrical equipment including switch boards, switches, lights, fans, hand tools, furniture items, sanitary & water supply fitting, building and other civil structures, lawn, raw materials, consumables and other articles of the Tool Room with utmost care so as not to cause any damage, excessive wear and tear, deface or tarnish the appearance or good looks. Trainees should refrain from writing any thing on the walls, other civil structures, plant and equipment or otherwise marking them in any way, sticking bills, posters etc.
- Trainees shall strictly follow the procedures introduced from time to time and instructions issued by the General Manager or any other official of the Tool Room authorized to do so with regard to the following:
- Issue and return of instruments, tools, etc. from Store.
- Deposit of finished and semi-finished practical exercises jobs.
- Reporting of breakages.
- Proper maintenance of machines and other plant and equipment, accessories, etc. including periodic lubrication.
- Disposal of borings and turning and other scrap.
- Cleanliness of machines including cleaning of shop-floor around machines.
- Lights and Fans.
- Operation of Machines during power cuts.
- Tool and material Godowns.
- Industrial lockers.
- Tool lockers and material lockers.
- Handing over/ taking over of machines and other equipments.
- Allotment and operation of machines etc.
- Any other subject not included above.
- Any loss or damage to the Tool Room's property arising out of a willful act of a trainee or due to his negligence or non compliance of instructions, safety rules or the established conventional norms of use of that property, shall be recovered from the trainee and/or his/her surety guardians. The decision of the General Manager as to whether the loss or damage has occurred out of a willful act or negligence or non-compliance as aforesaid, or not, about the amount of loss/damage, shall be final and binding on the trainee & his surety and guardians.
Termination of Training
- During the course of training the trainees shall strictly abide by the Rules and Regulations of the course and any other instructions issued by the General Manager, Senior Manager (Training) or any other official authorized to issue such instructions from time to time.
- Violation of any Rules and Regulations and/or any instructions by any trainee(s) shall amount to misconduct in terms of the aforesaid Agreement and Surety Bond and the training of trainee(s) may be terminated and the Surety Money shall be realized from the Surety and/or trainee(s) in terms of the Surety bond as aforesaid.
- If any time during the course of training, it is observed that the conduct/activity of trainee(s) go against the smooth conduct of the training programs or any other activity or is otherwise detrimental to the interests of the Tool Room, the training of the trainee(s), may be terminated without notice and without assigning any reason. The decision of the Senior Manager (Training) or any other official looking after his duties in this regard, shall be final and binding on the trainee, his Surety and Guardians.
- If any trainee is found to be involved in any act of violence/ riot/ criminal and any other such activities, his/her training will be terminated by the centre without assigning any reason(s).
- In case, the police detains any trainee for more than 24 hours in custody, his/her training shall be terminated by the centre.
Competent Authority to take action under this Rule shall be Senior Manage (Training) or any other officer looking after his duties. The appellate authority in this case shall be the General Manager.
Power to Amend/Relax the Rules
These Rules, including fee structure, are subject to change, and Amendment/Relaxation in the Rule(s) can be made by the Governing Council or its Chairman or any of its delegated authority on any point of time.
Application of other Rules
Such of the rules and regulations which have not been referred herein or other decision of the Governing Council of the Tool Room shall apply to trainees of the course except where said provisions have become repugnant due to any provision laid down in these Rules and Regulations.
Any rules and regulations corresponding to these rules and regulations in force immediately before the commencement of these rules & regulations and applicable to trainees to whom these Rules and Regulations apply, hereby repealed, provided that any order made or action taken under the rules and regulations so repealed shall be deemed to have been made or taken under the corresponding provisions of these Rules and Regulations. All admissions made prior to coming into force of these Rules and Regulations shall be deemed to have been made under these Rules and Regulations and all the present Trainees shall be governed by these Rules and Regulations.
- The Tool Room shall provide opportunities of training for the course to trainees who, at their own free will, decide to undergo training at the Tool Room as per terms and conditions known and understood by them including the powers of the Governing Council and other competent authorities to amend the terms and conditions at any time and without notice and to formulate and amend procedure, rules whenever considered necessary. Trainees shall not in any way resort to making organized claims, protest or any other activity for change in terms and conditions of their admission to the course, or to any form of collective bargaining. Difficulties experienced, if any, by them should be brought to the notice of the batch In-charges or other officials of the Tool Room in individual capacities, in the manner which may be prescribed from time to time. Trainees are not allowed to form any union or association.
- No meeting shall be conducted by the trainees inside the premises of the Tool Room including and other sub-office, cell or any building, without the prior permission of the General Manager or any other authority competent to give such permission.
- Period spent by the trainees, even if it is within IDTR premises in a manner otherwise than according to program of training including examinations, class test, etc. shall be treated as full day's absence for this purpose.
- The trainees shall attend practical (basic and shop floor, etc.) training and related instruction classes regularly. Irregular attendance or absence from training for more than six working days without authorized permission will be treated as loss of lien and will be liable for the termination of the training.
- Inviting other(s) to act in any manner which goes against the interest and objectives of the Tool Room or against the intention and purpose of any Rules of the Tool Room or instructions issued, shall be treated as gross-misconduct of the trainee(s).
- The following shall be deemed to constitute misconduct of the trainees(s) punishable under IDTR Training Rules as misconduct of the trainee(s):
- Willful Insubordination or disobedience whether alone or in combination with others of any lawful and reasonable order of his superior or commission of any acts subversive of discipline or of good behaviour.
- Instigating others to act in any manner which goes against the interest and objectives of the tool room or against the intention and the purpose of any rules of the tool room or instructions issued, shall be treated as gross-misconduct of the trainees.
- Theft, fraud, any dishonest act, bribery or any illegal gratification.
- Possession, distribution and display, within the Tool Room's premises, of any unauthorized bills, pamphlets, books, placards, banner.
- Coming to the Tool Room in drunken condition or under the effect of any intoxicants/narcotics or possession of any such things or any lethal weapons in the Tool Room's premises.
- Gambling within the Tool Room's premises including any other sub-office, building of the Tool Room.
- Smoking chewing Gutka/Tobacco in the Premises.
- Refusal to receive an official document.
- Deliberate false statement, falsification of records, impersonation, suppression of facts.
- Willful failure to report occurrences or any information which may endanger other's life or Tool Room's property.
- Private or personal work within IDTR premises and with Tool Room's facilities whatsoever.
- Staying inside Tool Room's premises beyond training hours except when permitted or authorized.
- Violation or non-compliance of any Rules or instructions issued.
- Participating in an illegal strike or abetting, inciting, instigating, or acting in furtherance thereof.
- Absent without leave or without information or overstaying the sanctioned leave without reasonable cause or proper or satisfactory explanation of absence from the training center of the trainees without permission or sufficient cause.
- Habitual absenteeism.
- Habitual late attendance.
- Collection or canvassing for collection without the permission of the IDTR/Training center of any money except in accordance with the rules of IDTR.
- Willful damage to work in process or to any property of IDTR/ Training center.
- Holding meetings inside the premises of the establishment without prior permission of the IDTR.
- Any other act which goes against the interest and objectives of the Tool Room or against the intention and purpose of any Rules, Procedures and standing instructions.
- During the course, the trainees shall not apply for any employment, scholarship, travel-ship, part time work of any other training otherwise than through the General Manager. They shall submit application through proper channel which will be considered on merits of each case.
- Trainees shall not commercialize any, discovery made in the course of training in the Tool Room.
- The trainees are instructed to collect all the papers and documents submitted at the training center at the time of admission within 15 days of the completion of the course after clearing their dues from all the departments. The Tool Room shall not be responsible for any papers or documents of the trainees beyond this period.